Old 13-01-2005, 09:35 PM
James

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Unbelievable how long this thread has gone and sorry to prolong it, but it
brings to mind a similar issue with a neighbor of mine. They planted

black
currants not knowing that these plants can cause a disease in
white pines (white pine blister), and possibly take
out my white pine. They claim they got the currants from a friend who

says they

are a disease resistant variety, but who knows. If I wait for signs of

disease
on my pine tree, it may be too late to save it. Who said gardening was an
uncomplicated and relaxing pastime?
Sherwin D.

I saw it coming and moved to 10 acres years ago so I can plant pretty much
what I please, pee in the front yard, and generally ignore and chuckle over
suburbian problems. The only problem is that suburbia is catching up to me.
But that 10 acre buffer zone makes a big difference. It was worth the longer
drive to work but it doesn't seem all that long now.