Old 15-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Timothy

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:53:18 +0000, Steveo wrote:

"op4_camper" wrote:
. I can mow 4 acres an
hour with my toro 37 with a velkey. With a toro 48, I believe it's
somewhere near 6 acres an hour. You could pick up a new proline 48 for
around 5,000 . Of course this is a walk/tow behind and you have to
stand on the velkey, which I favor anyhow. Either way, good luck to
you and

If you can mow 3 -4 acres in a hour with a 37 inch walk behind I have a
whole lot of work for you.

I have a slight interest in the smaller ZTR's that will fit through a 36"
fence gate, since most of the yards I'd be cutting are in the 12K or less
range and have fences. The trouble being, those small ZTR's are not much
less expensive than the 52's.

Any suggestions?

As far as the 36" gates go, there are only one of your worries. You need
to factor in other general obstacles such as trees, fences and the like.
After many years of using different equiptment, I personally feel the the
toro 36 or 37 is just about the perfect mower for 1.5 acre or less. I can
fit through most any gate out there and I can ring most trees within two
inches. Takes me no time at all to add on the velkey (sulkey) or to remove
it, so I can change up or down depending on the lawn that needs to be
done. If I have a larger lawn, less complicated lawn, I put on the velkey
and fly right through. This is my mower:
http://www.toro.com/professional/lce...bar/30187.html

Atm I have the single wheel sulkey, but will be buying the nice two
wheeled sulkey this season:

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce...ess_sulky.html

Like I said before, you end up standing instead of sitting, but to each
his own. The best part is that Toro Proline products are completly
American made.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com