Old 15-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Katra

In article ,
Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:

Hi, Everybody,

What types of flowers do butterflies like? If it
matters, the ones near here are Monarch(?) type and
some kind with mostly black wings with red parts and
white dots.

The areas to be planted a 1x2 metre bed, and around the
edges of a grass area. Containers possible as well.

Thanks in advance.

There is a TON of info on this on the web. :-)
I know, I've looked there myself.
Personally, I mix Lantana and starflower, as well as butterfly bush. I
do ok, but the wall of honeysuckles on one side of the yard do the best
job! I'm trying to get more hummingbirds in so have planted trumpet
vine, but it's taking forEVER to get going! :-P

Try he

http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entom...misc/ef006.htm

And that's just a start!
Go to google.com and type "butterfly garden" into the search.

Have fun! :-)

Kat

--
K.