Old 15-01-2005, 08:34 PM
js1

On 2005-01-15, Craig -DONTEMAIL wrote:
Hi all, im new to plants in the aquarium (the uk has a tradition of UG
filters, so plants are a no no)

http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=17

But, ive just set up a new (bloody snail free) tank, 30 gallons, fitted
a big clip on filter and am looking to get some plants.

Not all snails are bad for plant tanks.

http://www.applesnail.net/content/sp...a_bridgesi.htm

I have had a look around the news groups and it seems that everyone is
using co2 (ive been away from fish keeping or a few years, it was in its
infancy when i last saw it) and i just wondered is it essential to have
this set up in a tank. (i mostly keep cichlids and would like to keep
the outlay to plants and lights for this tank if its possible)

You only need CO2 if you have the lighting and plants that need it.
If you're new to the plant game, I'd highly recommend low to medium
light plants. I have found in my limited experience that 2-2.5 W/gal
is easier to manage.