Old 16-01-2005, 06:46 PM
len gardener

yes fran,

exactly anyone on a rural block over about 30 acres is going to need
some sort of tractor, there are many things to use one for very seldom
i go out onto the property without the tractor like one bloke said to
me "the tractor is like your wifes purse is to her you rarely go
anywhere without it on the land"

and if you don't slash big breaks around you tree plantings the very
big risk is that you wil lose the lot to a grass fire should one come,
was talking to a bloke in gympie before chrissy they had spring fires
around gympie and that is waht happened to him he hadn't yet got his
spring slashing doen when a fire came while he was at work took a
couple of hundred planted trees.

we simply could not afford the loss as there is no cash to rpelace
them so the trractor is our insurance policy, did have a carry all but
hadta sell it to get some readies for bils only got the slasher
attachment now and a trailer.

we could opt for the local not very big shop but then there is much
they don't have like the fresh meat we want and there is no
supplementry medicines no chemist no doctor so for us it is the need
for a car to do the 30k to gympis once a week so we notice the cost of
fuel our tank sucks up 12 to 15 bucks a round trip, so no friverlous
trips for us if we forget something it stays forgotten. we used to
visit ted n sheean a bit and shop in maryborough but that is all out
now.

take care haven't heard anymoer about wes n ros yet.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.