Old 17-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Iris Cohen

What in the freak is wrong with my address?

I have no idea. Ask AOL. A bonsai lady near Albany suddenly discovered she can
send e-mail to me as an individual, but not as part of a list. But I am still
getting those phony proposals from Liberia. Go figure.

Schefflera verses Heptapleurum? Dare I say its a matter of lumpers verses
splitters?

One of the complications was that Schefflera arboricola Hayata was a nomen
nudum, & had to be straightened out later by somebody named Merrill.
I gather that H., Brassaia, and Dizygotheca have all been shoved back into
Schefflera.
However, doing a search under Schefflera arboricola didn't get me much more
information, just that it may be somewhat epiphytic, it hates wet feet (tell me
about it!), and likes full sun.
A search of the species databases tells me the plant comes from Taiwan and was
originally named in 1916.
None of this really answers the question of why mine is just sitting there
doing absolutely nothing. At least it is not dying, so I assume it will grow
when the sun comes back.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen