Old 17-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Mike Lyle

Alan Gould wrote:
In article ,
writes
Ahem. Franz, do you *really* not recognise a troll when you meet
one? ;-)

Rarely :-(((

Whether it was a troll or not is a matter of opinion, but it was
clearly also a genuine on topic question. Genuine recreational
gardening discussion relevant to UK should never be suppressed in
this group.

FWIW I was considering giving the same advice as Franz because I

have
often carried out tip layering of hedging brambles with good

results.

And I've been shouted down here before when I said brambles don't
propagate from the roots. The crowns, sure; but the roots, not.

Mike.