Old 16-01-2005, 12:50 PM
none

Default Brambles border

I need to build up my brambles border , but have not much luck
replanting bits of root . what soil and nutrients do they need to get
really going well ?
replanted roots bits never seem to take at all.

Old 16-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Mike

Layer them. No trouble at all :-(( I had half an acre which was partly
covered by layered brambles

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
ups.com...

Old 16-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"none" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to build up my brambles border , but have not much luck
replanting bits of root . what soil and nutrients do they need to

get
really going well ?
replanted roots bits never seem to take at all.

They root well by tip-layering. Just bury the tip of the shoot to be
layered to a depth of a few inches and secure it in position somehow.

Franz

Old 17-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Sacha

On 16/1/05 21:43, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

snip
They root well by tip-layering. Just bury the tip of the shoot to be
layered to a depth of a few inches and secure it in position somehow.

Franz

Ahem. Franz, do you *really* not recognise a troll when you meet one? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Mike Lyle mike_lyle_uk@REM
OVETHISyahoo.co.uk writes
And I've been shouted down here before when I said brambles don't
propagate from the roots. The crowns, sure; but the roots, not.

Some claim to propagate brambles from seed, but tip layering is the more
common method.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

brambles Lu United Kingdom 12 01-09-2004 09:38 AM
Getting rid of brambles. Zapp Brannigan United Kingdom 21 02-10-2003 01:32 AM
What kind of soil under brambles? anne United Kingdom 5 11-09-2003 12:12 PM
What kind of soil under brambles? anne United Kingdom 1 09-09-2003 12:12 AM
Killing Brambles Barbara B United Kingdom 9 30-12-2002 12:08 PM