Old 13-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Jim Lewis

On 13 Jan 2005 at 12:00, Theo wrote:

Hi
I was reading in Naka that Ammonuim sulphate can be given sparingly to
pines when they have a yellowish tint of teh needles..
my pentaphilla is always as such in this period of the year
what could I do to prevent that and when is teh best time and
quantitioes to be given or if exists something less *chemical *
producing the same effect

If the tree "always" is like this in winter, that probably means
that's how it is supposed to be. I don't think I'd doctor it
with anything if the tree is otherwise healthy.

Even the pines in my pasture (P. taeda) always look a little
dull in winter. I think that's what passes for dropping leaves.
;-)

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++