Old 21-01-2005, 03:56 PM
steve

Pete wrote:
"steve" wrote in

news:1106252923.825651.298980
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

They are Flourish Tabs:
http://www.petmeister.com/item801.htm

Yeah, they certainly look safe by the description. Guess the rule of

thumb
is don't touch it if everything is growing nicely already

I actually don't fert the roots anymore as the plants don't seem to

need
it. When pruning you chop the tops off and replant with zero roots

and
they still do fine. All my ferts are done via the water which I can

fine
tune with every other day doses with large weekend water changes to

remove
any access, as opposed to a one time large dose into the ground

(which you
may or may not accidently dig up when moving plants around).

My real guilt comes from lazyness in this case. I had the things
laying around and figgered by tossing them in I wouldn't have to dose
trace elements for a month or two. I picked up all the stuff I need
from G. Watson, just got caught taking a short cut. I'm going to leave
them in there and not disturb the substrate for a while and see how it
goes. If I do need to dig, I'm going to hover with the hoover while I
do it to remove any excess that get's released.

steve "gotta green thumb with dahlias, but still getting my feet wet
with aqua botanics" bloom