Old 23-01-2005, 01:15 AM
len gardener

g'day andrew,

it should be ultra safe as far as humans go andrew, it is a
non-specific insectacide though so that means the good and bad bugs
die. also as is with natural products bugs can become immune with over
use or incorrect use of the product, in that case then a good natural
product can be all but useless. it is the main stay for garderns in
asia so should we create a resistant bug and gets back to there then
they have lost their main weapon so to speak.

so best to use it randomly and as part of your itegrated pest
management program.

that's my opinion on the up front question you asked as for the rest
of waht is written and can hear your comcerns no man made chemical
should be put into the calss of a natural product that wwe home
gardeners may make ours is made and used fresh and used seldom. the
rest sounds like hype from the big supermarkets and from the
regulator. now when i mowed lawns many years ago as did my father we
sprayed commonly for grass grubs and bindi eye, no one ever suffered
any reactions to those applications that where sprayed without any
sort of safety gear as is the norm' nowadays.

me i reckon the regulator can only regulate to the lowest common
denominator and in short they look after the self interest of
themselves and companies.

it all comes down to common sense, eg.,. in the usa they bring rotary
mowers out that are fitted with blade brakes and clutches ok? so some
yippo yank mowing his lawn so he deliberatly runs over a rock in his
lwan that he knew was there then was astounded that the blade clutch
didn't save the mower that is waht happens when common sense is taken
out of the formula and that is not the only instance.

anyhow that's how len who has never bent a cranksahft never cut finger
or foot with mower, and never suffered from sprying things back in the
good old days.

you cannot make things foolproof i ahve said it before all the
licensing and regulations under the sun will not work until you remove
the fool.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.