Old 23-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Andrew G" wrote:

I would choose a toxic, yet tested chemical, one which states witholding
periods, safe use of product, etc etc over a organic, untested, relatively
unlabelled with no safety info, anytime.
Ok, so now the neem oil is classed as a S6. What caused this though? Illness
led to testing? It still doesn't appear to have a NRA (National Registration
Authority) number on it, so I still don't think it's registered. However,
how many people out there know this, are still using it, have used it on
foodstuff type plants, and picked them the next day.

I've never used it, but ISTR that it's the lack of proper data that has led to
the warnings (and S6 classification?).

Ah, here's the bit I remember from Gardening Australia last year:
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1129840.htm

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet