Old 23-01-2005, 02:14 PM
GA Pinhead

Cindi:

Did you seee this from SeedFreak?

Try Lonniesbulkseeds.com they have large seed packs for only a buck!
and free shipping. Seed quality matters, meaning when the seeds were
harvested (at peak or prior or before peak ripeness) and how they are
stored. Seeds will lose germination if left in moist or fluctuating
temps/environments. Seeds will also lose germination over time of
course how much germination they lose again depens on how they were
stored. Unless a seed is very rare I just can't spend $2.50+ on a pack
of 150 seeds from a big name catalog. If only i were that rich....

John!
"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...
My relative was thinking about planting several acres of tomatoes and
therefore didn't want to spend a lot on seeds and was seeking the
cheapest source possible. Ideally if I could locate 50 or so of those
$0.10 packs normally sold in Walmart during the summer and put them
into one container for him and mailed, it would be incredibly cheap.

I understand that cheap seeds have lower germination rates. This is ok.
The idea was to take part of the seeds and plant on unused land and use
the profits for charitable purposes. Planting tomatoes would also
create temporary jobs that are sorely needed.