Old 24-01-2005, 04:09 AM
pandora

Default New poster - a Brag

Hi ALL,

I just wanted to brag on myself and my vegetable gardening success. This
year, I grew brussels sprouts. Everyone, including the nursery where I
bought the plants, that they wouldn't grow here. I live on the Pacific
coast in Oregon. It's too salty, they said for brussels sprouts to grow. I
persevered. Strangeley enough, out of 6 plants, 5 of them grew to gigantic
proportions. We had several lbs of brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving and
Christmas dinners. I am amazed. I think I'll be planting them again this
year.

Marg