Old 24-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Richard Brooks

MM wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:59:53 -0000, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
I'm looking for suggested layouts that I can modify on screen, then
view in 3D.

MM

Hi,
You'll find that most folks on here aren't that keen on existing
software - too clunky, and constricting. There are so many factors
to take into account in terms of climate, soil type, aspect,
altitude, shadows from buildings, before you begin to consider the
individual plants, their age, growth rates etc. We need better
computing brains to build better programmes.
Chris S

But I have absolutely no idea what I want! I have a brand-new house
with a rectangular area behind nominated as 'the garden'.

[Brilliant stuff snipped]

Is there a gardening book containing nothing but suggested layouts?
That might be a useful altermative.

You could always go for a uk.rec.gardening design ?

Seriously, you could always get members here to get heads together. Fag
packets will be provided.

Richard.