Old 24-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:10:34 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

From the World Factbook 2004
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications...ook/index.html

Poland: GDP - per capita: purchasing power parity - $11,100 (2004 est.)
United States: GDP - per capita: purchasing power parity - $37,800 (2004
est.)

Does this mean that a $15 orchid in Poland is equivalent to a $45 orchid in
the US? Any economics majors out there?

Joanna

Great Shopping and a good buy. There are lots of inter-generic
crosses that appear similar to your 'oncid' from Colmanara
Wildcat to Odontocidiums or Wilsonara Golden Afternoon. As a
NOID I would just call it 'Martha's Smile' It is certainly a
bright and happy flower.

Not an economics major. But on the straight 11 to 37 comparison
you come out with 11100 as 29% of the 37800 thus I would say a
$15 orchid equals a $51 orchid here.

We also have to remember that the Orchid is further down on the
needs list. When prices are high and wages low. Think of your
self as a subsistence worker here. Food, housing, clothing take
a much higher percentage of your available dollars.

SuE