Old 25-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Sacha

On 25/1/05 14:51, in article , "Helen
Hartley" wrote:

We have recently moved into a new house which has a few apple trees in the
garden.

The apple trees do not appear to have been pruned for the last few years, so
we have pruned them. We have been left with quite a pile of prunings and
are thinking about shredding them, before composting and using as a mulch.

If we do shred and then compost the apple tree prunings, then use as a
mulch, is this likely to encourage apple tree pests and diseases?

Don't do any of the above, burn them on your fire. The scent is absolutely
lovely! Or use them for barbecues next summer.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk