Old 25-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Iris Cohen
writes
So AOL is going to discontinue newsgroups. No telling when my husband will get
the DSL running. I will miss you guys (outside of the name-calling). Would one
of you be willing to monitor a digest, perhaps through Yahoo? I have three
screen names, Pieter, Sean, and Peter Jason. I will contact you next time I
need information. Beverly, Stewart, & others, please contact me so we can keep
in touch.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen

Google (for instance) offer web-based access to newsgroups

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.bio.botany

So does Garden Banter

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/forumd...516a0207d96113
edf88bb7e6202&f=34

Depending on how tolerable you find the interfaces, and whether your
connection is metered or unmetered.

You could also get an account at news.individual.net (assuming that AOL
is discontinuing its newsserver, not forbidding NNTP traffic), or pay
for a news feed from one of the commercial news servers.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley