Old 26-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Gramma

If I can just add a lurkers 2 cents worth there are several free news
servers around
Many of my contacts who use AOL are going over to Forte Free Agent
I believe once you have it configured it works great. -
http://www.nethere.com/winmail/free_agent.htm

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - read the section on " What
is Free Agent " to find out where to download the free version.

Some other places for information on this subject which might help
http://freenews.maxbaud.net/faq.html
http://www.itzalist.com/new/free-news-server.html

We use Mozilla [which is also free] on our other computer

Gramma

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
So AOL is going to discontinue newsgroups. No telling when my husband will
get
the DSL running. I will miss you guys (outside of the name-calling). Would
one
of you be willing to monitor a digest, perhaps through Yahoo? I have three
screen names, Pieter, Sean, and Peter Jason. I will contact you next time
need information. Beverly, Stewart, & others, please contact me so we can
keep
in touch.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen