Old 26-01-2005, 08:26 AM
jane

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:04:59 +0000, Kay
wrote:

~In article , shazzbat
writes
~
~"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
~ In article , June Hughes
~ writes
~ In message , JennyC
~ writes
~ The BBC are doing a survey about when spring comes to various parts of
~the
~ country:
~
~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/...n/springwatch/
~
~ Looks interesting :~)
~ Jenny
~
~
~ That is a lovely site. Thanks Jenny. I heard about it on the Today
~ programme last week but promptly forgot to look. Have now bookmarked
~ it.
~
~
~ Be warned! I sent off for 170 Birdwatch leaflets to put in the local
~ gardening club newsletter that I edit.
~ I wanted the same for garden watch but if you read the 'blurb' they want
~ you to note WILD events not garden stuff as they argue that they need to
~ know what is happening in the great outdoors and not in cultivated back
~ gardens. They say that, if you see something in the garden chances are
~ that it won't be the data they need.
~
~
~Oh, I won't bother then. I found a 7-spot clinging to the (outside of) the
~frame of the greenhouse at the weekend
~
~In BH22 in case you're interested
~
~I couldn't find anything in the 'Springwatch' site to say 'countryside
~only'.
~
~Indeed, the notes for peacock butterly say 'look in flowery banks and
~gardens'

Though it *does* say 'active' for the ladybirds, so just finding one
snoozing isn't enough.

I have already found several in such a state! Which is encouraging, if
only because I have a little aphid eradication corps waiting...

--
jane

Mark Twain