Old 26-01-2005, 11:57 PM
madgardener

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article ,
wrote:

On 25 Jan 2005 14:26:57 -0800, in rec.gardens

wrote:

[clip funny stuff]

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.

I don't agree. Can you
settle this?

[clip more funny stuff]

[Found this at another forum]

That often-reposted bit of political humor originated in May 2000 as an
open letter to "Dr." Laura, who is not actually a doctor of mental health
as she pretends, but only a virulent homophobic radio personality, an
ex-Christian who converted to Judaism & started blaming her personal
homophobia on Jews. Many Jews have been extremely offended by her
misinterpretations of Torah as inciting hatred of gays. For one thing, the
levitical ban applied only to Levites, modernly Cohens, so good thing
Leonard Cohen only got that famous blowjob from Janice Joplin & not from
Scott Joplin.

=snip snip whack
Alright, Paggers, hold it right there....................my almost 33 year
old son comes downstairs and asks me "WHAT famous blowjob from Janice Joplin
that Leonard Cohen got??" So for his sake.........is the story on your
website, is there a link or will you humor me and him and e-mail it to me so
that his curiosity will be satisfied? Having grown up with a mom who WENT to
the REAL Woodstock and has fond memories of it (despite the obvious altered
state I was in and being unable to go home for about 10
.........) he grew up and around me and knew if mom was upset about something
because Janis would be cranked up on the stereo and I'd be in the kitchen,
shrieking along with her.........I just honored her day of birth January
19th (which is shared by Dolly Parton and Peter Gabriel by the way, I love
music as much as I love gardening and plants). So if you'd be so kind as to
indulge an old hippie and her Pagan son the story of the famous blowjob, I
would be most impressed and grateful.
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36