Old 27-01-2005, 02:53 AM
zxcvbob

Rogerx wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:07:39 -0600, zxcvbob
wrote:

Rogerx wrote:

Okay, a little background, so you will understand my needs(or
question).

I had a 5hp rear tine tiller(a darling). I gave it to my son because
I am in my 70's and could not start and handle it any more. I bought
me a small Ryobi tiller(huge mistake). It will start and run for 30
minutes and then quit for the day(repair shops said there was nothing
wrong with it, until after the warranty was out. .you know how the
story goes).

I have a small tractor with a 42" tiller on it for initially
preparing the soil, but after the garden is planted I can't do
anything with it. And I can't use it in my flower beds.

QUESTION: What about an electric tiller, or battery operated one????
Anyone had any experience with them, go or bad. What is the brand
name of some?

Thanks in advance for your help. Rogerx

Hi Bob, me again. I just went down to Home Depot to look at that
Honda Tiller (FG-100a1). They had their display and one left in the
box and were closing them out for $199. Needless to say I bough it
and have been out tilling for the past two hours- It is exactly what
I was looking for. At least 200% better than the Ryobi, and starts so
easy. Thanks for your advice. Rogerx

You're welcome. That's a good price; I think I paid close to $300 for
mine. I bought the display model at Home Depot because it was the last
one, but it wasn't marked down yet. If I had waited until the end of
the season it would have probably been gone.

Best regards,
Bob