Old 28-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair
Hi All,
Me again. As per another poster's question, we live in socal, and we need
to get some coverage on our slope. Let me know what you all think of this
idea. Suppose I get a seed germination blanket big enough to cover the
sloped area. I then get a bunch of "Golden Toupee Fescue" and spread it all
around the blanket, then irrigate appropriately. Good idea, or bad idea?

Thanks,
Pair

I can think of a potential problem with coverage as Festuca ovina 'Glauca' is a clumping grass and there will be blank spaces. Here's a site that should be helpful and mentions this fescue in the last paragraph.

http://www.bbg.org/gar2/topics/susta...s/lawns/6.html

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.