Old 26-01-2005, 06:08 AM
TwistedPair

Default Another Hillside question

Hi All,
Me again. As per another poster's question, we live in socal, and we need
to get some coverage on our slope. Let me know what you all think of this
idea. Suppose I get a seed germination blanket big enough to cover the
sloped area. I then get a bunch of "Golden Toupee Fescue" and spread it all
around the blanket, then irrigate appropriately. Good idea, or bad idea?

Thanks,
Pair

Old 28-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair
Hi All,
Me again. As per another poster's question, we live in socal, and we need
to get some coverage on our slope. Let me know what you all think of this
idea. Suppose I get a seed germination blanket big enough to cover the
sloped area. I then get a bunch of "Golden Toupee Fescue" and spread it all
around the blanket, then irrigate appropriately. Good idea, or bad idea?

Thanks,
Pair

I can think of a potential problem with coverage as Festuca ovina 'Glauca' is a clumping grass and there will be blank spaces. Here's a site that should be helpful and mentions this fescue in the last paragraph.

http://www.bbg.org/gar2/topics/susta...s/lawns/6.html

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

[IMG] code is On

Another Hillside question TwistedPair Lawns 1 27-01-2005 01:06 AM
Hillside question TwistedPair Gardening 2 24-01-2005 03:21 AM
Hillside question TwistedPair Lawns 2 23-01-2005 05:58 PM
Have eroding hillside - requesting suggestions joe user Gardening 6 04-09-2003 06:02 AM
help please STEEP hillside garden alice United Kingdom 8 31-03-2003 09:08 PM