Old 29-01-2005, 11:57 AM
JennyC

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Sla#s wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone remember from there chidhood that gardem ornament that

can only describe as a windmill of sorts.
When the wind blew the sails a man attached to the windmill

turned,
winding a handle.....If anyone can remember them does anyone noif
they are still available from anywhere. I have scoured the net and
many garden centres.
Heres waiting in hope for a positive reply

There is an excellent selection of them here - They say they only
ship in the US & Canada but I'm sure if you ask nicely... :-)
http://www.serenitygardens.com/gighist.htm

And I've seen recipes for making them in Hobbies-type catalogues: try
webbing Hobbies and Hobbys (both exist, as I've had the catalogues
from Smith's now and then).
Mike.

http://www.book-reviews.info/Toy_Mak...86400492.shtml
http://www.scrollsaw.com/carpenter.htm