Old 30-01-2005, 06:12 PM
paghat

In article , enigma
wrote:

Puckdropper wrote in
news:4m_Kd.74$Xs6.26@trnddc01:

I'm thinking about putting an HO Scale railroad in the
garden when I plant it this spring. I'm posting here
because I need advice on what I can lay track ON that would
be sturdy and not harm my tomatoes, strawberries,
watermelon, carrots, green beans (or whatever else I
plant.)

most people use G scale for garden railroads for two reasons.
it's big enough to actually see & it's not as fragile as HO.
that said, i would use exterior plywood for your roadbed & post
really big signs warning people about RR Crossings
one other drawback to HO is no matter what you plant, it's
going to be completely out of proportion to the trains. if that
doesn't bother you, then go for it!
lee

Fun little thread!

Has anyone ever put a scaled down roller-coaster in their garden to give
cats & terriers & hamsters scary rides?

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he