Old 30-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Puckdropper

Larry Blanchard wrote:
*snip*

What's wrong with plain old rec.models.railroad? And there's a plethora
of model railroad groups on Yahoo.

There's nothing wrong with rec.models.railroad. I just figured the
people here would have a few ideas on what to use that would not affect
the soil negatively. (I plan on eating what I grow, so it's not like a
flower just dieing.) You're not supposed to use railroad ties for
gardens because of the creosote, for example.

I have enough trouble getting good roadbed indoors in HO :-). I think
you'll never get reliable operation outdoors. Although I do remember an
article long ago in Model Railroader (IIRC) about someone who ran a
track (not a loop) along his top fence stringer. That might be doable.

There's supposed to be a 1964 issue of MR that had an article about HO
outside... However I don't have any MR's from that year. I will
probably try it and see how it holds up. I've got plenty of brass track
so I'm only out time if it doesn't work.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.