Old 30-01-2005, 10:13 PM
sandra

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Hi, Sandra,

Could you tell us what kind of orchid this is? And just how large is

this
seedling, and how many roots have you got? What is it presently

potted in?

There are options, but it's important to know what you have there.

And,
rooting hormone certainly can't hurt.

Diana

Thank You Diana, it's a Phal.Amabilis, it has 2 leaves, and one is
about 3 inches, and the other is about 1.5, it only has to leaves.
Anyway, I recieved it in some fir bark, and most of the roots were
probably already dead because I recieved it 2 weeks ago, and have only
watered twice when the media was dry......
It doesn't have many healthy roots, a lot of the dead roots are still
plump, but they're already black and nasty where the roots meets the
plant.
As I said, the leaves are dark green, they don't look sick, and I was
just hoping that it may not be too late to bag it or maybe repot it,
and save it
I'm keeping it under more humidity than usual right now, with more air
circulation.....just to keep the roots, and the tiny arial root it has
plump.
Thanks
Sandra.