Old 30-01-2005, 10:31 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 30/1/05 17:21, in article
, "Larry Stoter"
wrote:

tom wrote:

Hi,
I can remember some time ago reading (I think on this NG) a recipe /
suggestion for home made house plant leaf shine.

I have 2 large Umberella plants that are quite dusty and in need of
some cleaning. I have used those leaf shine tissues in the past but it
costs a fortune.

Can anyone remember the recipe?

Thanks

Try full fat milk - the fat in the milk provides a very slightly greasy
coating, which gives the leaves a shine ...

Won't that smell rather, um, interesting over the course of a day or two?

And the fat apparently clogs the pores causing the leaf to die.
I wash the leaves in the shower, then use baby bio leafshine which is cheap
and comes in a bottle so goes a long way.