Old 31-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:45:33 +0000, Bill Meeler wrote:

I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one know
the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking about
it on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

I'm unaware of a plant that will repel crickets per-say, but you could try
thinning the herd. If your looking for an organic method of dealing with
the crickets, you could try a pit fall trap.

http://www.qc.ec.gc.ca/ecotrucs/solu...es/insects.htm

" To get rid of crickets, mix some molasses and vanilla extract or lemon
juice in water. Crickets are lured to this bait and they drown in it. Be
sure to plug up any holes in the house where they are getting in. "

As far as your options go, you would be left with a insecticide of some
sort, or you could try catching some local frogs and lizards and releasing
them in your yard.

Good luck.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.