Old 30-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Bill Meeler

Default Plants

I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one know
the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking about it
on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

Old 31-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:45:33 +0000, Bill Meeler wrote:

I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one know
the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking about
it on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

I'm unaware of a plant that will repel crickets per-say, but you could try
thinning the herd. If your looking for an organic method of dealing with
the crickets, you could try a pit fall trap.

http://www.qc.ec.gc.ca/ecotrucs/solu...es/insects.htm

" To get rid of crickets, mix some molasses and vanilla extract or lemon
juice in water. Crickets are lured to this bait and they drown in it. Be
sure to plug up any holes in the house where they are getting in. "

As far as your options go, you would be left with a insecticide of some
sort, or you could try catching some local frogs and lizards and releasing
them in your yard.

Good luck.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com
Old 01-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Meeler
I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one know
the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking about it
on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

Hi Bill,

Here's another environmentally friendly way of dealing with them.
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_quest...a4ffee42e31122

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Newt

Bill Meeler Wrote:
I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one
know
the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking
about it
on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

Hi Bill,

Here's another environmentally friendly way of dealing with them.
http://tinyurl.com/4vw99

Newt

--
Newt
Old 16-02-2005, 06:57 AM

A bug zapper is the cats ass. there about 10.00$ and plug into an
outdoor electrical socket.

Old 16-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Probably a yard sale find because it didn't kill the bugs most folks get them for - mosquitos, which aren't attracted to the light. It's real good at killing bugs that pollinate plants at night though. Not too good for the plants in the garden.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/bug-zapper.htm

Newt
__________________
Old 16-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Newt

Steveo Wrote:
wrote:-
A bug zapper is the cats ass. there about 10.00$ and plug into
an
outdoor electrical socket.
-
What kind of bug zapper do you get for ten bucks?

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month

Probably a yard sale find because it didn't kill the bugs most folks
get them for - mosquitos, which aren't attracted to the light. It's
real good at killing bugs that pollinate plants at night though. Not
too good for the plants in the garden.
http://tinyurl.com/6ynyu

Newt

--