Old 31-01-2005, 06:13 PM
H&P

Hi there Have you tried to make one yourself ? Your library should have, or
can get, a book called "Blizzard's Toys" or very similar. The key word is
"Blizzard" as he is the author. It gives plans for all sorts of "action"
items and IIRR there is a Whirligig in there.

I used to go to Bristol a lot until a few years ago, and I used to drive
past a garden which was full of them, men chopping wood, windmills,
zeppelins, all manner of stuff. I used to really enjoy seeing them on a
windy day, it looked like the whole garden was going to take off.

Not much help I know, Im sorry, I was just reminiscing.

The used to sell them in Dutch garden centres a decade ago.

The guys who made them are probably churning out Korean cars nowadays.
--
Martin