Old 01-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Emrys Davies

Alan Holmes wrote:
I have a number of maincrop potatoes in storage, in a garden shed,
went to get some this morning to use and discovered that some are
beginning to sprout.

As I'm expecting to use them to eat over the next couple/three
months, how can I stop them sprouting?

The shed is too warm. Knock off the sprouts and put the potatoes in the
cool on the garage floor and hopefully that will enable you to use them
for an extended period. If the tubers become soft you will have to
discard them.

Having spent all that time growing the things to use it's
disappointing to find I may have to start to buy the things
from a supermarket!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net