Old 01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
David Rance

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Bob Hobden wrote:

I have a number of maincrop potatoes in storage, in a garden shed,
went to get some this morning to use and discovered that some are
beginning to sprout.

As I'm expecting to use them to eat over the next couple/three
months, how can I stop them sprouting?

Two things... too warm and spud variety.

They need to be kept in an airy and cold place but frost free in the dark,
unfortunately we haven't anywhere cold enough so suffer the same problems
you have about now.

I think the problem is worse this year. I've never had too much bother
with chitting but this year they started before Christmas, and it's the
same variety I've always grown.

David
--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK