Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Theo

but how does it spread :air by wind , insects ?

Nina wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:
. BUT:

"fungus-like microbe" ??????? (2nd paragraph)

What are you objecting to? The fact that the article is written at a
7th grade level? This is because our congressmen use "Agricultural
Research" to understand the issues. [insert joke here]

Or are you wondering why it isn't called a fungus? Because the
Oomycetes have been taken out of the kingdom Fungi and put in the
Straminopiles, in the Kingdom Plantae, right next to the golden algae.
Mycologists have known this for decades (Phytophthora is diploid and
has cellulose walls- fungi are haploid and have chitin walls); we just
didn't want the aggravation of calling them "fungus-like microbes".
Nina.

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :