Old 02-02-2005, 04:07 PM

In a message dated 2/2/05 9:00:47 AM, writes:
It's Chabad.org.

How interesting.Thank you for sharing this. Actually, Chabad is an
ultra-Orthodox, or Chassidic movement. (Chabad is an acronym, but I forget what it
stands for.) They are also called Lubavitch. They are typically Orthodox in being
Biblical fundamentalists & obeying all the Jewish laws, but quite different in
other respects. The article you cited reminds me more of Buddhism.
Chabad is not an environmentalist organization per se. Their main activity is
outreach, social service, and evangelism, but only to Jews. They are active
in small, far-flung communities, as well as the former Soviet Union. However,
it is gratifying to see them promoting conservation in honor of Jewish Arbor
Day, along with mainstream Judaism. I will have to remind our local Chabad
rabbi. I have offered to set up my annual Jewish Arbor Day (Tu BiShevat) bonsai
exhibit at his Chabad house or the university (his main ministry), but so far he
hasn't taken me up on it.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++