Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Reka

Rob Halgren wrote:
Nancy G. wrote:

Actually started transplanting about two weeks ago. Have now finished
the cat hybrids that I started repotting last year. Moved them out or
4" clay with bark mix, into 6" clear plastic with CHC. When I soaked
and rinsed the CHC, that there was still a lot of brown stain (even
after 3 rinses and soaks), does this contain tannin or anything I
should be alarmed about? The orchids I repotted last year, didn't seem
to take to the mix until after I moved them outside for a while and
everything was flushed thoroughly by the rain.

Oh good, now you can come over and help me... That offer is good
for anybody. *grin* As an aside, actually, helping people repot is an
excellent way to get free plants.

Groan! Rob, you and Al are both worse than the army - always trying
to recruit. Maybe you don't pay enough plants to get good workers?! ;-)
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html