Old 05-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:27:42 +0000, Alan Gould
wrote:

That's the Myrobalam plum - Prunus cerasifera.

Sorry, misunderstood the original question.
Alan, the mini plums like cherry plums, which I bought in France were
not cherry coloured. They were like a brownish greengage, but cherry
sized, so not prunus cerasifera. On recollection,I think they called
them mirabelle! I'm hoping the seedlings of my French ones may help
pollinate my cherry plums which I wrote to you (Alan) about a few
years ago. They have gflowered but never fruited.

MIKE NO. Bullace are like a small damson or a large Sloe. Much less
sour than sloes but nothing like a cherry plum in flavour.

Pam in Bristol