Old 05-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Iris Cohen

You probably would be happier with Okita & Hollenberg's book?

Who are they? Would they have information on growing it indoors (in winter) as
a quasi-bonsai?
I am wondering if the one I have is correctly labeled. The sources on the Web
said that it doesn't clump, but this one has produced pups when it was in the
mood. And it's supposed to have thorns, which mine doesn't. If it's not P.
roebelinii, what have I got? It certainly looks like a date palm.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen