Old 06-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Starfish

i will have a very fine scattering of coarse sand/extremely fine gravel on
the bottom
"Elaine T" wrote in message
Starfish wrote:
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what good tall background plant
would be that doesnt really require co2 or gravel (or can be planted in
rectangular planters)
Its for a GF tank, so it can't be too flimsy and has to grow relitively
fast!
hope someone can lead me into the right direction

TIA

The val you posted about earlier should do the trick if you put it in a
planter with fine gravel for the roots. It does need moderate light.
Anacharis (Elodea densa) is the classic plant for cooler GF tanks and can
be grown as bunches held together by lead weights.

It also would help to know your tank temp since it's GF and how bright the
lighting is.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__