Old 06-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Elaine T

Starfish wrote:
At the moment, the temp is sitting on23 degrees c and i have 1 4ft sylvania
growlux 36w light. tank is 72"x24"x28"

Honestly, go for plastic or silk plans. Temps are fine, but you have
nowhere near the light for aquatic plants. They'll just turn brown and
melt.

The general rule of thumb for planted tanks is 1-2 watts of fluorescent
light per gallon - five 40 watt tubes would be the bare minimum for your
tank. If I had tank that size, I'd actually use a metal halide pendant.
Plus, with a deep tank like yours, 1 watt per gallon would only grow
low light plants because the light can't get to the bottom very well.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__