Old 06-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Dwayne

I normally prune mine on Feb 15. I did it a little earlier than that this
year. The little shoots are what I use to tell me where to prune. I find
one pointing away from the center of the plant, and then prune just above
it. That will cause your rose to grow the direction of the sprout, leaving
the center of the plant open for air circulation, and less chance of black
spots on the leaves.

Dwayne
"Andrew" wrote in message
I was planning on leaving the pruning of the roses in my garden for a few
more weeks, but I notice they have quite a few shoots coming out of them
now
all over, does that mean I've left it too late?

Thanks

Andrew