Old 07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Dave S

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just set up my pressurized co2 system and was wondering how many
bubbles per second others are using. I have is set a 2 bubbles/sec. I
know I should use KH and pH as a guide but, my phosphates are a little
high(~1.5 mg/l) and I'm not sure if I'm going to get the proper
results. Should I keep the co2 on at night or just when the lights are
on? Also, I couldn't find a reactor so I'm using one of those ladder
reactors that comes with the nutrafin DIY co2 system. Is that suitable
or should I upgrade to something better?

Firstly, having only just set up my own CO2 pressurised system I can tell
you that I'm not a world expert in this subject; however FWIW my reply would
be:

My understanding is that there is no correlation between PO4 and CO2. I had
the same problem with PO4 before I set up the CO2 (in fact my readings were
closer to 3.0! However I used Kent Marine Phosphate Sponge absorber and the
results are now close to zero.

In theory the CO2 should be turned off at night - in practice mine stays on.

I too use a Nutrafin reactor - As long as the CO2 is absorbed into the water
it should be OK - However others may wish to comment.

HTH - Dave