Old 07-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Ann

ccoath expounded:

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product
Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden
sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with
the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to
create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take
the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull
and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough
approximation sq m)

I am a non-metric American, sorry. My yard is .8 acres. The shed is
8x12', built by my old father in law over 25 years ago.

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your
garden?

Garden Tool Storage (lawn mower, tiller, spreader, hand tools both
long and short handled
Soil amendment storage
Pot storage
lawn chairs
Bike Storage (sometimes)

Other - whatever gets thrown in there.

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to
store if any?

see above

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves,
storage aids or work benches?

The structure is homemade and has storage shelves built into it.

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

See above
Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Home made! G It's a boxy shed.

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your
garden?

It's mainly out of the garden behind the house. Close by but no
statement.

Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers when
dealing with large objects such as garden furniture, lawnmowers etc?

4
1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?
Thankyou

Utilitarian.

-Ann