Old 07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Registered User

Default Looking for help with garden sheds

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough approximation sq m)

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your garden?

General Storage
Summer House
Annex
Workshop
Bike Storage
Potting Shed
Other…………

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to store if any?

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves, storage aids or work benches?

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your garden?

Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers when dealing with large objects such as garden furniture, lawnmowers etc?

1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?
Thankyou
Old 07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Stephen Henning

In article ,
ccoath wrote:

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product
Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden
sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with
the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to
create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take
the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull
and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough
approximation sq m)

2 acres (8,000 sq m)

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your
garden?

General Storage
Summer House
Annex
Workshop
Bike Storage
Potting Shed
Other…………

-- Garden Tools

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to
store if any?

Garden cart, pruners, saw, string, poles, sprayers, hose, nozzles, deer
netting, deer fencing, shovels, hoes, cultivators

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves,
storage aids or work benches?

Yes

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

Added woodworking shop: store garden tractor, snow blower, trailer and
Kawasaki Mule,

Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Traditional

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your
garden?

No, It is behind a planted screen

Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers when
dealing with large objects such as garden furniture, lawnmowers etc?

1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Very Good

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?

Large, roomy, organized

Thankyou

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6
Old 07-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Ann

ccoath expounded:

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product
Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden
sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with
the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to
create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take
the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull
and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough
approximation sq m)

I am a non-metric American, sorry. My yard is .8 acres. The shed is
8x12', built by my old father in law over 25 years ago.

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your
garden?

Garden Tool Storage (lawn mower, tiller, spreader, hand tools both
long and short handled
Soil amendment storage
Pot storage
lawn chairs
Bike Storage (sometimes)

Other - whatever gets thrown in there.

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to
store if any?

see above

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves,
storage aids or work benches?

The structure is homemade and has storage shelves built into it.

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

See above
Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Home made! G It's a boxy shed.

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your
garden?

It's mainly out of the garden behind the house. Close by but no
statement.

4
1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?
Thankyou

Utilitarian.

-Ann
Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Ann

Ann expounded:

4
1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Oops, I read this wrong. Mine's a 2.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

[IMG] code is On

Garden sheds Sacha United Kingdom 0 15-05-2005 04:00 PM
Looking for help in the study of garden sheds ccoath United Kingdom 3 09-02-2005 07:56 AM
Looking for help on garden sheds!!! ccoath United Kingdom 4 08-02-2005 11:13 PM
Garden Sheds alfie United Kingdom 3 16-09-2004 09:58 AM
How do garden sheds fail? Steve Harris United Kingdom 30 04-05-2004 01:06 PM