Old 08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:27:59 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Hi, Gang,

Yesterday I got an advance birthday present in the form of a mature
Angraecum Veitchii (Wheeee!). It is 30 inches tall, excluding the higher
spikes. 17 blooms. It was in a display that Odom's installed, and won best
Vandaceous by a commercial grower. When I complimented Rob, the Odom's guy
who did the display, he said "Wanna buy it?" Oh, yeah, oh, yeah!

Now, here's the question. I believe that Veitchii is a primary hybrid of
sesquipedale and eburneum. I got a real argument from a small commercial
grower, who insists that it is a species in its own right. Subsequent
research bears out my contention. But, could I be wrong about this? Just
need some confirmation of what I truly believe is correct.

TIA

Diana

Angraecum Veitchii registered by Veitch in 1899! Maybe that is
why he thinks it is not a hybrid.. it is too old for him to wrap
his head around.

You have parent 1 & 2 backwards - but as you and I know the
record book would name it the same if it were made backward.
Wildcatt says it is registered as Angraecum eburneum x Angraecum
sesquipedale. I say it is a BEAUTIFUL specimen.

Good Blooming. Louise huh?

SuE