Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Richard Sherratt

Default Can a leaning pittosporum be de-leaned?

We have a row of eight pittosporums next to the north fence in our
patio area. They are 1 metre apart. They have been in the ground for
about 4 years and have grown to about 4.5 metres tall. They are bushy
and dense after constant trimming.

We had some weather last week and one of the end pittosporums has
developed a lean. I think it's had it. The ground is soft and when I
pushed it upright the root area was only about 60cm across. It seems
that there are no deep or wide roots holding it upright.

Can it be staked and rescued or should I replace it?

--
Regards.
Richard.