Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Iain Miller

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just set up my pressurized co2 system and was wondering how many
bubbles per second others are using. I have is set a 2 bubbles/sec. I
know I should use KH and pH as a guide but, my phosphates are a little
high(~1.5 mg/l) and I'm not sure if I'm going to get the proper
results.

Measure Kh & Ph & you will find out your CO2 level if you have the
appropriate table.

Should I keep the co2 on at night or just when the lights are
on?

Depends. If you are addiung a lot so that CO2 levels are up over 20ppm
during the day then I'd turn it off at night or the levels may climb
dangerously high. If you are running at say 12ppm & below during the day
then you should be able to leave it on all the time.

Also, I couldn't find a reactor so I'm using one of those ladder reactors
that comes with the nutrafin DIY co2 system. Is that suitable
or should I upgrade to something better?

If all the CO2 you are putting in is being dissolved then it isn't a
problem. You may find you an't add much more with it though. Actually the
nutrafin reactors are very good - if you measure the length of the steps and
then multiply by the number of steps you'll find that thge bubble is
travelling a very long away releative to the size of the thing.

Other option for CO2 is to inject it into the input of a cannister filter.
This probably works best of all.

I.