Old 09-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Phisherman

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:02:17 -0500, "kc" wrote:

I'm in Atlanta, GA and looks like all the leaves have finally fallen--they
were so embedded in the net I had over my pond, I decided to toss it and
maybe get a new one.
I really prefer not having a net over the pond, especially when I start
my plants up again--are herons a problem all year round or just in the
winter, does anyone know?
Thanks--
Kirsten

It doesn't end. Herons are looking all year round. They recall
previous fishing spots too. I stock my pond with feeder goldfish, at
15 cents each. Some grow to 10", others die, others get eaten by
water snakes, raccoons, and herons. Herons are the worst because they
keep coming back until the pond is empty.