Old 10-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Shagster

Default Diatom clogging help?

Hello,

I have recently added a Diatom filter to my 29 gallon tank.. The output of
the diatom pumps through a Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer. Although the Diatom
works FANTASTIC, it clogs within 2-3 days.. That's a little too much
maintenance for me.. Right now, I'm running the diatom without the diatom
media, and basically using it as a pump to drive my UV sterilizer...

Does anyone have any "interesting" ways they've dealt with fast clogging
diatom??? Would using 1/2 the amount of media help?? I would like to get
2-3 weeks run-time before having to clean this filter...

My tank also has a Fluval 203 canister filter...

Thanks,
Troy